Court issues summons against Yavatmal nominee Dhote
Yavatmal: A local court has issued summons against the All India Forward Bloc nominee from Yavatmal Lok Sabha seat Jambuwantrao Dhote for allegedly violating the model code of conduct and directed him to appear before it on May 8.
The court of Judicial Magistrate First Class took cognisance of the complaint filed against Dhote after police had booked him under section 36 of the Bombay Police Act and issued summons last week.
As per the FIR registered by police, Dhote had held a meeting on April 1 at Karanja town in the district without permission of police.
Election for Yavatmal-Washim constituency was held during the first phase in Maharashtra on April 10.
However, Dhote today denied the allegations, saying, "I have not violated any election rule and will not attend the court on May 8. I would challenge the summons".
Addressing a press conference here, Dhote said he was mulling to go to Varanasi to campaign for AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal.
"Kejriwal has a clean image. He is honest and his struggle for a corruption-free government is well accepted by people," he said.
Earlier, Dhote had kicked up a row when he visited AAP office here, donning a trademark AAP cap.
However, he later clarified that he went to the office only on invitation of an AAP candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow