Court issues summons against Yavatmal nominee Dhote
Yavatmal: A local court has issued summons against the All India Forward Bloc nominee from Yavatmal Lok Sabha seat Jambuwantrao Dhote for allegedly violating the model code of conduct and directed him to appear before it on May 8.
The court of Judicial Magistrate First Class took cognisance of the complaint filed against Dhote after police had booked him under section 36 of the Bombay Police Act and issued summons last week.
As per the FIR registered by police, Dhote had held a meeting on April 1 at Karanja town in the district without permission of police.
Election for Yavatmal-Washim constituency was held during the first phase in Maharashtra on April 10.
However, Dhote today denied the allegations, saying, "I have not violated any election rule and will not attend the court on May 8. I would challenge the summons".
Addressing a press conference here, Dhote said he was mulling to go to Varanasi to campaign for AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal.
"Kejriwal has a clean image. He is honest and his struggle for a corruption-free government is well accepted by people," he said.
Earlier, Dhote had kicked up a row when he visited AAP office here, donning a trademark AAP cap.
However, he later clarified that he went to the office only on invitation of an AAP candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read