Court issues summons against Yavatmal nominee Dhote
Yavatmal: A local court has issued summons against the All India Forward Bloc nominee from Yavatmal Lok Sabha seat Jambuwantrao Dhote for allegedly violating the model code of conduct and directed him to appear before it on May 8.
The court of Judicial Magistrate First Class took cognisance of the complaint filed against Dhote after police had booked him under section 36 of the Bombay Police Act and issued summons last week.
As per the FIR registered by police, Dhote had held a meeting on April 1 at Karanja town in the district without permission of police.
Election for Yavatmal-Washim constituency was held during the first phase in Maharashtra on April 10.
However, Dhote today denied the allegations, saying, "I have not violated any election rule and will not attend the court on May 8. I would challenge the summons".
Addressing a press conference here, Dhote said he was mulling to go to Varanasi to campaign for AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal.
"Kejriwal has a clean image. He is honest and his struggle for a corruption-free government is well accepted by people," he said.
Earlier, Dhote had kicked up a row when he visited AAP office here, donning a trademark AAP cap.
However, he later clarified that he went to the office only on invitation of an AAP candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'