CPI-M for release of youth, political leaders
Srinagar: CPI(M) today demanded immediate release of youth and political leaders detained during the recent Lok Sabha elections in the state.
"The continuous detention of youth and political leaders in Srinagar and other parts of the Valley is atrocious and undemocratic. We demand their immediate release," Jammu and Kashmir party secretary M Y Tarigami said in a statement here.
Police detained over 500 youth and separatist leaders during Lok Sabha polls in Kashmir which ended on May 7.
Tarigami said the authorities should adopt more humane approach while tackling the angry and misguided youth.
"I also appeal to the youth to follow peaceful means to express their concern for justice and democratic rights," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player