CPI-M for release of youth, political leaders
Srinagar: CPI(M) today demanded immediate release of youth and political leaders detained during the recent Lok Sabha elections in the state.
"The continuous detention of youth and political leaders in Srinagar and other parts of the Valley is atrocious and undemocratic. We demand their immediate release," Jammu and Kashmir party secretary M Y Tarigami said in a statement here.
Police detained over 500 youth and separatist leaders during Lok Sabha polls in Kashmir which ended on May 7.
Tarigami said the authorities should adopt more humane approach while tackling the angry and misguided youth.
"I also appeal to the youth to follow peaceful means to express their concern for justice and democratic rights," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- RIL, BP spend Rs 4,500 crore to maintain gas output at KG-D6
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah