EC registers case against Lalu Prasad`s daughter Misa
Patna: The Election Commission on Thursday filed an FIR against Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad`s daughter Misa Bharti, the party candidate from Patliputra Lok Sabha seat, on charge of disturbing the poll process.
"Misa Bharti entered polling centre number 34 of Bikram assembly segment of Patliputra Lok Sabha constituency with her bodyguards. An FIR has been registered against her for this," Additional Chief Electoral Officer R Lakshmanan told reporters.
Lakshmanan said the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) at the same polling centre was damaged sometimes after Bharti left the place.
"A separate FIR has been instituted in this connection and investigation on to track the people having broken the EVM. The sections mentioned in both the FIRs will be shared later on," said Lakshmanan.
Bharti also registered an FIR at the Bihta police station, under which the concerned polling centre is located, levelling booth capture and misbehaviour charges against those present at the booth.
A copy of the FIR has been sent to Patna SSP Manu Mahraj as well.
RJD spokesperson Mritunjay Tiwary told PTI, "When Bharti reached the polling centre she found it closed and a handful people, polling personnel and homeguard jawans only present inside. As she protested, the people there misbehaved with her and even snatched her mobile."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video