Election Commission orders inquiry in Arunachal
Itanagar: Election Commission of India (EC) has ordered an enquiry into the allegations of booth capturing, rigging following complaints received from various quarters in Arunachal Pradesh.
The enquiry order comes after demands were made for re-polling at Chulla polling station in Koloriang assembly constituency and Ruhi, Giba, Richik and Ha polling stations of Tali constituency in remote Kurung Kumey district, officials said.
"The enquiry officer appointed by the commission had visited the district and conducted enquiry into the matter," Chief Electoral Officer(CEO) Chandra Bhusan Kumar said in a statement here today.
At Koloriang, the officer also met various candidates and election agents, the statement said adding the enquiry was in progress and the report would be submitted to the commission for further action.
Meanwhile, the administration in the state capital today clamped prohibitory orders under article 144 of CrPc prohibiting gathering of large number of people within the radius of 200 meters around Nirvachan Bhawan complex here to ensure smooth conduct of election process.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection