Election Commission orders inquiry in Arunachal
Itanagar: Election Commission of India (EC) has ordered an enquiry into the allegations of booth capturing, rigging following complaints received from various quarters in Arunachal Pradesh.
The enquiry order comes after demands were made for re-polling at Chulla polling station in Koloriang assembly constituency and Ruhi, Giba, Richik and Ha polling stations of Tali constituency in remote Kurung Kumey district, officials said.
"The enquiry officer appointed by the commission had visited the district and conducted enquiry into the matter," Chief Electoral Officer(CEO) Chandra Bhusan Kumar said in a statement here today.
At Koloriang, the officer also met various candidates and election agents, the statement said adding the enquiry was in progress and the report would be submitted to the commission for further action.
Meanwhile, the administration in the state capital today clamped prohibitory orders under article 144 of CrPc prohibiting gathering of large number of people within the radius of 200 meters around Nirvachan Bhawan complex here to ensure smooth conduct of election process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog