Elections 2014: BJP, TDP may seal alliance in Andhra Pradesh today
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Hyderabad: The Bharatiya Janta Party and the Telugu Desham Party may enter into an electoral truck in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday, reports said.
Final discussions on seat sharing are underway and the deal may be sealed as early as today, sources privy to the talks said.
The alliance could have been sealed earlier had the TDP leadership not demanded "too many" seats, BJP sources said.
The TDP is reported to be in favour of an alliance with the BJP, but the latter`s state unit is wary of going with the former in Telangana and would like to contest alone. BJP leaders also believe that an alliance at this stage may close the door for any post-poll tie-up with other parties.
Both Telangana and residual state of Andhra Pradesh - Seemandhra region will go to polls in two phases on April 30 and May 7 for electing their new assemblies as well as the 42 Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing