Elections 2014: BJP, TDP may seal alliance in Andhra Pradesh today
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Hyderabad: The Bharatiya Janta Party and the Telugu Desham Party may enter into an electoral truck in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday, reports said.
Final discussions on seat sharing are underway and the deal may be sealed as early as today, sources privy to the talks said.
The alliance could have been sealed earlier had the TDP leadership not demanded "too many" seats, BJP sources said.
The TDP is reported to be in favour of an alliance with the BJP, but the latter`s state unit is wary of going with the former in Telangana and would like to contest alone. BJP leaders also believe that an alliance at this stage may close the door for any post-poll tie-up with other parties.
Both Telangana and residual state of Andhra Pradesh - Seemandhra region will go to polls in two phases on April 30 and May 7 for electing their new assemblies as well as the 42 Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth