Elections 2014: BJP, TDP may seal alliance in Andhra Pradesh today
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Hyderabad: The Bharatiya Janta Party and the Telugu Desham Party may enter into an electoral truck in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday, reports said.
Final discussions on seat sharing are underway and the deal may be sealed as early as today, sources privy to the talks said.
The alliance could have been sealed earlier had the TDP leadership not demanded "too many" seats, BJP sources said.
The TDP is reported to be in favour of an alliance with the BJP, but the latter`s state unit is wary of going with the former in Telangana and would like to contest alone. BJP leaders also believe that an alliance at this stage may close the door for any post-poll tie-up with other parties.
Both Telangana and residual state of Andhra Pradesh - Seemandhra region will go to polls in two phases on April 30 and May 7 for electing their new assemblies as well as the 42 Lok Sabha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory