Fresh FIR against Babbar for violating poll code
Ghaziabad: A fresh FIR been registered against Congress candidate from Ghaziabad, Raj Babbar for allegedly carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time in Masuri area of the constituency in violation of Model Code of Conduct.
According to police, the actor-turned-politician had sought permission to organise his roadshow till 5 PM last evening, but he continued with his roadshow in Nahal Village till 7.30 PM.
"We gave Babbar permission to carry his roadshow till 5 PM on Thursday, but he continued with it by 7.30 PM, violating the Model Code of Conduct. An FIR has been registered against him at Masuri Police station," the station officer of the police station, Subodh, said.
Police said a probe has been ordered in this regard.
This is the second FIR registered against Babbar for carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time.
Earlier, he was booked in Pilakhua area of the constituency for violating Model Code of Conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Did you meet 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' Parineeti Chopra's new friend 'Devdas'?
- Kajol laments lack of 'exciting' scripts
- 'Sarbjit' Box Office collections: Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer mints Rs 8.25 cr!
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood