Fresh FIR against Babbar for violating poll code
Ghaziabad: A fresh FIR been registered against Congress candidate from Ghaziabad, Raj Babbar for allegedly carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time in Masuri area of the constituency in violation of Model Code of Conduct.
According to police, the actor-turned-politician had sought permission to organise his roadshow till 5 PM last evening, but he continued with his roadshow in Nahal Village till 7.30 PM.
"We gave Babbar permission to carry his roadshow till 5 PM on Thursday, but he continued with it by 7.30 PM, violating the Model Code of Conduct. An FIR has been registered against him at Masuri Police station," the station officer of the police station, Subodh, said.
Police said a probe has been ordered in this regard.
This is the second FIR registered against Babbar for carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time.
Earlier, he was booked in Pilakhua area of the constituency for violating Model Code of Conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC