Fresh FIR against Babbar for violating poll code
Ghaziabad: A fresh FIR been registered against Congress candidate from Ghaziabad, Raj Babbar for allegedly carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time in Masuri area of the constituency in violation of Model Code of Conduct.
According to police, the actor-turned-politician had sought permission to organise his roadshow till 5 PM last evening, but he continued with his roadshow in Nahal Village till 7.30 PM.
"We gave Babbar permission to carry his roadshow till 5 PM on Thursday, but he continued with it by 7.30 PM, violating the Model Code of Conduct. An FIR has been registered against him at Masuri Police station," the station officer of the police station, Subodh, said.
Police said a probe has been ordered in this regard.
This is the second FIR registered against Babbar for carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time.
Earlier, he was booked in Pilakhua area of the constituency for violating Model Code of Conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'