Fresh FIR against Babbar for violating poll code
Ghaziabad: A fresh FIR been registered against Congress candidate from Ghaziabad, Raj Babbar for allegedly carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time in Masuri area of the constituency in violation of Model Code of Conduct.
According to police, the actor-turned-politician had sought permission to organise his roadshow till 5 PM last evening, but he continued with his roadshow in Nahal Village till 7.30 PM.
"We gave Babbar permission to carry his roadshow till 5 PM on Thursday, but he continued with it by 7.30 PM, violating the Model Code of Conduct. An FIR has been registered against him at Masuri Police station," the station officer of the police station, Subodh, said.
Police said a probe has been ordered in this regard.
This is the second FIR registered against Babbar for carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time.
Earlier, he was booked in Pilakhua area of the constituency for violating Model Code of Conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Lifestyle and home remedies to deal with panic attacks!
- Quran desecration case: AAP MLA Naresh Yadav sent to 2-day police custody
- Beijing dodges ASEAN rebuke over South China Sea row
- Afghan civilian casualties at record high in first half of 2016: UN
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning