I am stumbling block for Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said he is "a stumbling block" for BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"Modi thinks that I am a stumbling block for him," he told media persons minutes before leaving on his election campaign.
Nitish Kumar was speaking in reference to Modi who hit out against him at rallies in Sasaram and Gaya two days ago, and in earlier rallies in the state and outside.
Modi accused the Nitish Kumar-led government for going soft on terrorists and said that Bihar remained steeped in darkness. He accused the Nitish Kumar government of not doing enough to combat terror.
Nitish Kumar dumped the BJP last year and ended the 17 years old alliance of his Janata Dal-United with the BJP over Modi`s rise.
Modi is eyeing Bihar after Uttar Pradesh to get as much of 40 Lok Sabha seats.
The BJP has joined hands with the Lok Janshakti Party of Ram Vilas Paswan, a Dalit leader, and the Rashtriya Lok Samta Party of Upendra Kushwaha, a backward caste leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi