I am stumbling block for Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said he is "a stumbling block" for BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"Modi thinks that I am a stumbling block for him," he told media persons minutes before leaving on his election campaign.
Nitish Kumar was speaking in reference to Modi who hit out against him at rallies in Sasaram and Gaya two days ago, and in earlier rallies in the state and outside.
Modi accused the Nitish Kumar-led government for going soft on terrorists and said that Bihar remained steeped in darkness. He accused the Nitish Kumar government of not doing enough to combat terror.
Nitish Kumar dumped the BJP last year and ended the 17 years old alliance of his Janata Dal-United with the BJP over Modi`s rise.
Modi is eyeing Bihar after Uttar Pradesh to get as much of 40 Lok Sabha seats.
The BJP has joined hands with the Lok Janshakti Party of Ram Vilas Paswan, a Dalit leader, and the Rashtriya Lok Samta Party of Upendra Kushwaha, a backward caste leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- IPL 9, Eliminator: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Players to watch out for
- Microsoft to trim smartphone business, plans to cut 1,850 jobs
- Film on 1983 World Cup win to give insights from dressing room
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' trailer leaves fans spellbound; earns 3 mn views in one day!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Iris with 'iris recognition' launched in India at Rs 13,999