JD(U) MLA booked for attacking voter, denies charge
Gopalganj: A JD(U) MLA was booked along with nine others for allegedly attacking a voter outside a booth during voting in Bihar`s Gopalganj district Monday.
Gopalganj additional superintendent of police Anil Kumar said the FIR was registered against JD(U) MLA from Kuchaykot, Amrendra Kumar Pandey alias Pappu Pandey, and others on the basis of a complaint lodged by the voter.
The complainant alleged that as soon as he came out of the polling booth at Naya Gaon Tulsiya village after casting his ballot, the MLA and his aides attacked him "for not voting for JD(U)".
The voter is considered a supporter of Congress party.
The MLA denied attacking the complainant and alleged that there was a conspiracy against him by his opponents.
He said he was moving around in his assembly constituency and was not present in the area where the incident took place and the complainant named him in the FIR as part of a conspiracy in connection with some old conflict.
Election was held today in Gopalganj along with five other Lok Sabha seats in Bihar in the last phase. The seat is witnessing triangular fight between Anil Kumar of JD(U), Janak Ram of BJP and Jyoti of Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh