JD(U) MLA booked for attacking voter, denies charge
Gopalganj: A JD(U) MLA was booked along with nine others for allegedly attacking a voter outside a booth during voting in Bihar`s Gopalganj district Monday.
Gopalganj additional superintendent of police Anil Kumar said the FIR was registered against JD(U) MLA from Kuchaykot, Amrendra Kumar Pandey alias Pappu Pandey, and others on the basis of a complaint lodged by the voter.
The complainant alleged that as soon as he came out of the polling booth at Naya Gaon Tulsiya village after casting his ballot, the MLA and his aides attacked him "for not voting for JD(U)".
The voter is considered a supporter of Congress party.
The MLA denied attacking the complainant and alleged that there was a conspiracy against him by his opponents.
He said he was moving around in his assembly constituency and was not present in the area where the incident took place and the complainant named him in the FIR as part of a conspiracy in connection with some old conflict.
Election was held today in Gopalganj along with five other Lok Sabha seats in Bihar in the last phase. The seat is witnessing triangular fight between Anil Kumar of JD(U), Janak Ram of BJP and Jyoti of Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'