Kashmiri Pandits celebrates Modi victory in Jammu
Jammu: Kashmiri Pandits (KPs) today took out a massive victory rally to celebrate the landslide victory of Narendra Modi-led BJP in the Lok Sabha elections here.
Under the banner of All Parties Migrants Coordination Committee (APMCC), a large number of KP activists assembled outside the Press Club here and shouted slogans in support of Modi and burst crackers to give vent to their feelings.
Addressing the activists, APMCC national spokesperson, King Bharati said the landslide victory of Modi was an indication that good days were coming for India, particularly for Kashmir and KPs under the "statesmanship of Modi".
He also congratulated BJP candidates - Jugal Kishore Sharma and Dr Jitendra Singh for their victory in Jammu region.
Bharati said he was hopeful that Modi would deliver what he promised to the nation exactly as he had promised a landslide victory in the elections with the slogan "Achhey din aaney waley hain".
Recalling his meeting with Modi in Gurajat last year along with APMCC team led by its chairman Vinod Pandit, Bharati said the Gujarat Chief Minister had assured KPs of good days once he comes to power at the centre.
Like, Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s government, Modi government will prove to be a boon for every Kashmiri irrespective of religion and it was expected that the Kashmir problem will be resolved once for all, he said.
Congratulating Modi for his historic victory, APMCC General Secretary, advocate Arun Kandroo said KPs hoped that their miseries would come to an end under the Modi government.
Kandroo also thanked the electorate for their massive mandate to Modi which was the basic ingredient for a stable and strong government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi