Lok Sabha polls 2014: Over 70% voting registered in nine MP districts
Bhopal: More than 70 percent polling was registered in nine districts of Madhya Pradesh during the recent Lok Sabha elections, which held this month in three phases across the state.
According to an official release here today these nine districts are: Chhhindwara 79.05 percent, Burhanpur 72.89 percent, Neemuch 71.58 percent, Mandsaur 71.21 percent , Dewas 70.96 percent, Ratlam 70.82 percent, Sehore 70.59 percent, Dindori 70.22 percent Agar-Malwa 70.22 percent.
In 22 out of 51 districts of the state, polling percentage was between 60 and 70 percent. These are Shajapur, Barwani, Khandwa, Balaghat , Shahdol, Betul , Hoshangabad, Seoni , Rajgarh , Khargone, Ujjain, Narsinghpur, Mandla, Harda, Dhar, Jhabua, Satna, Vidisha, Ashok Nagar, Anuppur, Indore and Raisen.
Chhhindwara district registered maximum polling by males-- 81.08 percent followed by Agar-Malwa--77.17, Shajapur 76.93, Sehore 76.90, Mandsaur 76.83, Dewas 75.98, Neemuch 75.98, Burhanpur 75.30, Rajgarh 75.10, Ratlam 74.74, Dindori 72.78, Hoshangabad 71.85, Barwani 71.73, Ujjain 71.65, Narsinghpur 71.49, Khandwa 71.34, Ashok Nagar 70.39 and Vidisha 70.10. In 23 districts, polling percentage was 60 to 70.
Chhhindwara and Burhanpur districts topped in female polling percentage with 76.89 and 70.86 percent, respectively.
Among the districts with between 60-70 percent polling, Dindori registered 67.65 percent voting, Neemuch 66.89, Balaghat 66.88, Ratlam 66.78, Shahdol 66.67, Barwani 66.36, Seoni 65.85, Mandsaur 65.63, Dewas 65.44, Khandwa 65.11, Sehore 63.69, Khargone 63.07, Mandla 62.74, Agar-Malwa 62.64, Hoshangabad 62.62, Betul 62.57, Jhabua 62.28, Shajapur 61.96, Dhar 60.54, Satna 60.28 and Ujjain 60.10 percent. In all, 15 districts registered between 50 and 60 percent polling.
Twenty nine Lok Sabha seats in Madhya Pradesh went to polls on April 10, 17 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite