LS polls: Repolling peaceful in West Bengal
Malda: Repolling at one booth in West Bengal passed off peacefully on Sunday with 81 per cent voters turning out to exercise their franchise.
The lone polling station where repolling was held was at booth number 12 of Mollahtola Primary School in the Baisnabnagar Assembly segment of Malda (South) constituency, Election Commission officials said.
The EC had ordered repoll at this booth as EVMs had developed a fault and could not be replaced on time.
Malda (South) constituency is witnessing a four-cornered contest between Abu Hasem Khan Choudhury of the Congress, Dr Moazzem Hossain of the Trinamool Congress, Abul Hasnat Khan of the CPI(M) and Bishnupada Roy of the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway