Manmohan Singh is right, there is no `Modi wave`, its `Modi Tsunami`: Baba Ramdev
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Taking a dig at Manmohan Singh, Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev said on Thursday that the Prime Minister was right in saying that there was no `Modi wave` in the country. Ramdev said it was a `Modi tsunami`.
Ramdev posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter - “Manmohan Singh is right - There is no Modi wave. It`s a Modi tsunami.”
Manmohan Singh ji is right - There is NO Modi Wave. It's a Modi Tsunami pic.twitter.com/UU1Paf3IAV
— Swami Ramdev (@yogrishiramdev) April 24, 2014
The PM after casting his vote in Guwahati today told the waiting reporters that in his view there was no Modi wave. “The country has not been swept by any Modi wave. It is the creation of the media,” he said.
He also said that the Congress was not losing ground. “Wait for the results on May 16. We will win a majority," the PM added.
Manmohan Singh has been representing Assam in the Rajya Sabha since 1991. His his local address is a rented apartment in the house owned by former Chief Minister Hiteswar Saikia`s widow Hemoprava Saikia in Sarumotoria area of the city, PTI reported.
Meanwhile, BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections, Narendra Modi, filed his nomination from Varanasi today. Before filing nomination he held a road show in the city in which lakhs of people participated.
With Congress facing a decade of anti-incumbency and with the momentum said to be in favour of the BJP, most of the opinion polls have predicted that the chances of Modi becoming the next PM of India was high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth