Mizoram opposition parties for VVPAT in all constituencies
Aizawl: Opposition parties in Mizoram have appealed to the Election Commission that Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) be used in all polling stations in the state in the Lok Sabha poll and the by-poll to Hrangturzo Assembly.
Mizo National Front (MNF), Mizoram Peoples Conference (MPC), Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) and BJP state unit sent a joint letter to the EC on Tuesday.
The opposition parties said 1,500 VVPATs have been brought to Mizoram which has 1,126 polling stations and so the number of VVPATs available were sufficient to be used in all the polling stations, the letter which was made available to the press today said.
Though the EC is yet to make any formal announcement on the use of VVPAT system in Mizoram, preparations are being made for its use mainly in the urban areas.
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), which manufactured the EVMs and VVPATs to be used in the coming polls in the state, have deployed 26 engineers till date, state election department officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere