Modi is for India, lady is only for Tamil Nadu, says Naidu
Chennai: Joining issue with AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa over her claim that she was a better administrator, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu Tuesday said the "lady" was suited for the state while Narendra Modi the entire country.
"...Lady is lady, Modi is Modi. There is no doubt about it. The lady is better suited to this state, I do agree and that`s why people have voted for her. Modi is better suited for administrating the country," Naidu told reporters here.
Mocking at the Gujarat development model while winding up her campaign yesterday, Jayalalithaa had said "The lady in Tamil Nadu is better than Modi in Gujarat in governance."
Replying to a query, Naidu said, "Administrating a country is a big challenge for which Modi is better suited. Madam, is better suited to administer Tamil Nadu so far."
Taking a dig at Jayalalithaa for comparing Tamil Nadu with Gujarat in various parameters, he said, "Growth is Gujarat is phenomenal. Power will never go in Gujarat. It will never come in Andhra Pradesh and it will come once in a while in Tamil Nadu."
Reacting to Jayalalithaa`s charge that there were confusions in the BJP-led alliance, Naidu claimed confusion remained only with the AIADMK. "Earlier, CPI and CPM went to Poes Garden and shook hands with AIADMK. Later, they broke it. So where is the confusion?"
Asked about the "hate" comments by VHP leader Praveen Togadia, Naidu said, "Togadia is not connected with the BJP.. He is not campaigning for the BJP."
As for the comments made by his party colleague Giriraj, Naidu said, "His statement has been condemned by the party.. There may be some members who might be saying something here and there.. We will take necessary action, if at all they have exceeded their limits."
Naidu, a former BJP president, was in the city to end the party`s campaign today for the April 24 polls in Tamil Nadu, where it has formed a six-party alliance, hoping to open its account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city