Murli Manohar Joshi trounces Jaiswal in Kanpur
Kanpur: BJP veteran Murli Manohar Joshi today won Kanpur Parliamentary constituency, defeating Union coal minister Sriprakash Jaiswal by 2,22,946 votes.
Buoyed by the historic win of BJP, Joshi said the country wanted change and the electorate found that `change` in Narendra Modi.
"The country today witnessed the historic win of BJP as people were unhappy over misgovernance of Congress-led UPA government for the last ten years," Joshi told reporters here.
"The people deserve to be congratulated for this historic win," Joshi said.
He vowed to bring the pride of Kanpur city back by supporting industries and promised to implement plans to make the river Ganga pollution-free.
Joshi had won the 2009 Lok Sabha election from Varanasi, but he vacated the seat for party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in 2014.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory