Narendra Modi is `most searched politician` across India, says Google
Mumbai: BJP`s prime ministerial aspirant Narendra Modi has emerged as the "most searched politician" online, not only in Maharashtra, but also across the country, followed by AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, a Google survey report said here on Monday.
According to a survey conducted in Maharashtra, which goes to the polls on Thursday, until April 19 (for a period of 90 days), Modi is the most searched politician followed by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi trail behind Kejriwal, the survey said.
The late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray was also searched during the period, but not as much as the above mentioned politicians, the survey said.
Among the Thackerays, people follow Raj Thackeray who leads the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) more keenly than his estranged brother Uddhav Thackeray who heads the Shiv Sena, the survey said.
While Uddhav is be the least searched person from among the Thackeray clan, more people searched for him than Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, the survey said.
Among other politicians also searched, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar led the pack, while Nitin Gadkari of the BJP, Sanjay Nirupam of the Congress, Praful Patel of the NCP and Priya Dutt of the Congress were also actively searched by people in Maharashtra, the Google survey said.
As Maharashtra moves closer towards the final leg of the Lok Sabha elections, there has been a lot of interest from Maharashtra about topics and details related to elections, the survey said.
Election dates, voter registration, Election Commission and election cards have been searched aggressively in Maharashtra after the announcement of election dates, the survey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened