NC trails in all three Lok Sabha seats in J&K; Azad leading
Srinagar: Election trends in Jammu and Kashmir have come as a setback for ruling National Conference which was trailing in all the three Parliamentary Lok Sabha seats including in Srinagar where party President Farooq Abdullah was contesting.
Abdullah was trailing his nearest PDP rival Tariq Hameed Karrq by over 13,547 votes. Abdullah, who has never lost any elections from the state, had polled 31,579 votes where as Karra polled 46,386 votes.
PDP President Mehbooba Mufti, who tested electoral waters after a break in 2009 polls, was leading over her nearest rival and sitting National Conference MP by over 18,359 votes.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted "I imagined a worst case scenario but early trends are worse than that. Let`s hope this trend reverses as the count progresses."
The only saving grace so far for the ruling alliance of National Conference and Congress was Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad who was continuing improving his lead over BJP`s Jitendra Singh.
While Azad had polled 1,95,605 votes, Singh was trailing at 1,69,422 votes. BJP candidate from Jammu, Juggal Kishore, had taken a lead of 1.08 lakh votes over his nearest rival and sitting Congress MP Madan Lal Sharma.
In Baramulla Parliamentary seat, Muzzafar Hussain Baig of PDP was ahead of his National Conference candidate Shariq-ud-din Shariq.
Baig has polled 30,460 where as Shariq has got 27,729 votes. In Ladkah Lok Sabha seat, Independent candidate Syed Mohammed Kazim had taken a lead of 333 votes over another independent candidate Ghulam Raza. BJP and Congress were in third and fourth position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning