NC trails in all three Lok Sabha seats in J&K; Azad leading
Srinagar: Election trends in Jammu and Kashmir have come as a setback for ruling National Conference which was trailing in all the three Parliamentary Lok Sabha seats including in Srinagar where party President Farooq Abdullah was contesting.
Abdullah was trailing his nearest PDP rival Tariq Hameed Karrq by over 13,547 votes. Abdullah, who has never lost any elections from the state, had polled 31,579 votes where as Karra polled 46,386 votes.
PDP President Mehbooba Mufti, who tested electoral waters after a break in 2009 polls, was leading over her nearest rival and sitting National Conference MP by over 18,359 votes.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted "I imagined a worst case scenario but early trends are worse than that. Let`s hope this trend reverses as the count progresses."
The only saving grace so far for the ruling alliance of National Conference and Congress was Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad who was continuing improving his lead over BJP`s Jitendra Singh.
While Azad had polled 1,95,605 votes, Singh was trailing at 1,69,422 votes. BJP candidate from Jammu, Juggal Kishore, had taken a lead of 1.08 lakh votes over his nearest rival and sitting Congress MP Madan Lal Sharma.
In Baramulla Parliamentary seat, Muzzafar Hussain Baig of PDP was ahead of his National Conference candidate Shariq-ud-din Shariq.
Baig has polled 30,460 where as Shariq has got 27,729 votes. In Ladkah Lok Sabha seat, Independent candidate Syed Mohammed Kazim had taken a lead of 333 votes over another independent candidate Ghulam Raza. BJP and Congress were in third and fourth position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation