NC trails in all three Lok Sabha seats in J&K; Azad leading
Srinagar: Election trends in Jammu and Kashmir have come as a setback for ruling National Conference which was trailing in all the three Parliamentary Lok Sabha seats including in Srinagar where party President Farooq Abdullah was contesting.
Abdullah was trailing his nearest PDP rival Tariq Hameed Karrq by over 13,547 votes. Abdullah, who has never lost any elections from the state, had polled 31,579 votes where as Karra polled 46,386 votes.
PDP President Mehbooba Mufti, who tested electoral waters after a break in 2009 polls, was leading over her nearest rival and sitting National Conference MP by over 18,359 votes.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted "I imagined a worst case scenario but early trends are worse than that. Let`s hope this trend reverses as the count progresses."
The only saving grace so far for the ruling alliance of National Conference and Congress was Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad who was continuing improving his lead over BJP`s Jitendra Singh.
While Azad had polled 1,95,605 votes, Singh was trailing at 1,69,422 votes. BJP candidate from Jammu, Juggal Kishore, had taken a lead of 1.08 lakh votes over his nearest rival and sitting Congress MP Madan Lal Sharma.
In Baramulla Parliamentary seat, Muzzafar Hussain Baig of PDP was ahead of his National Conference candidate Shariq-ud-din Shariq.
Baig has polled 30,460 where as Shariq has got 27,729 votes. In Ladkah Lok Sabha seat, Independent candidate Syed Mohammed Kazim had taken a lead of 333 votes over another independent candidate Ghulam Raza. BJP and Congress were in third and fourth position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy