Odisha govt working only for industries, not for commoners: Rahul
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Bhubaneswar: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Monday made a scathing attack on the ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) party in Odisha by saying that it was only benefiting a few industries and sacrificing the interests of the common people.
Addressing an election rally in Jagatsinghpur, about 80 km from here, the young Congress leader said his party is in favour of development and factories and industries but the benefits must not go to selected people.
"The thinking of ruling BJD is that Odisha`s wealth should go to selected people, and should not reach the poor," he said.
"They (BJD) want three-four selected industrialists to take away the entire wealth of Odisha," the Congress leader said without naming any industrialist.
Appealing to people to vote for the Congress and bring it to power in the state, Gandhi said, "now, give some rest to the (present) Odisha government".
Gandhi also highlighted the achievements of the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government at the Centre in the last 10 years, and the initiatives his party plans to take if voted to power again.
The second and final phase of polling for 11 Lok Sabha and 77 assembly seats in the state will be held Thursday.
The first phase of balloting for 10 Lok Sabha and 70 assembly seats was held April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly