Odisha govt working only for industries, not for commoners: Rahul
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Bhubaneswar: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Monday made a scathing attack on the ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) party in Odisha by saying that it was only benefiting a few industries and sacrificing the interests of the common people.
Addressing an election rally in Jagatsinghpur, about 80 km from here, the young Congress leader said his party is in favour of development and factories and industries but the benefits must not go to selected people.
"The thinking of ruling BJD is that Odisha`s wealth should go to selected people, and should not reach the poor," he said.
"They (BJD) want three-four selected industrialists to take away the entire wealth of Odisha," the Congress leader said without naming any industrialist.
Appealing to people to vote for the Congress and bring it to power in the state, Gandhi said, "now, give some rest to the (present) Odisha government".
Gandhi also highlighted the achievements of the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government at the Centre in the last 10 years, and the initiatives his party plans to take if voted to power again.
The second and final phase of polling for 11 Lok Sabha and 77 assembly seats in the state will be held Thursday.
The first phase of balloting for 10 Lok Sabha and 70 assembly seats was held April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket