Omar Abdullah taunts Modi over shunning Muslim cap
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Sunday taunted BJP`s prime ministerial hopeful Narendra Modi over refusing to wear only one type of cap, the one worn by Muslims, at election rallies.
He posted pictures on Twitter showing Modi wearing headgears of various types except the one Muslims usually wear.
Commenting on the pictures, Abdullah said: "Modi says he doesn`t want to wear headgears to fool people. OK! We got it."
"... the problem isn`t that you (Narendra Modi) refuse to wear caps/turbans for a photo op, it is the refusing of only one type of cap that is wrong," the chief minister, who is also the president of the National Conference, said.
In his election rallies, Abdullah has targetted Modi many times in both the Hindu majority Jammu region as well as the Muslim majority Kashmir Valley areas.
He has ruled out any future truck with the Bharatiya Janata Party even though he was a minister in the NDA government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'