Omar Abdullah taunts Modi over shunning Muslim cap
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Sunday taunted BJP`s prime ministerial hopeful Narendra Modi over refusing to wear only one type of cap, the one worn by Muslims, at election rallies.
He posted pictures on Twitter showing Modi wearing headgears of various types except the one Muslims usually wear.
Commenting on the pictures, Abdullah said: "Modi says he doesn`t want to wear headgears to fool people. OK! We got it."
"... the problem isn`t that you (Narendra Modi) refuse to wear caps/turbans for a photo op, it is the refusing of only one type of cap that is wrong," the chief minister, who is also the president of the National Conference, said.
In his election rallies, Abdullah has targetted Modi many times in both the Hindu majority Jammu region as well as the Muslim majority Kashmir Valley areas.
He has ruled out any future truck with the Bharatiya Janata Party even though he was a minister in the NDA government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur