Poll panel slaps notice on Trinamool MP
Kolkata: The Election Commission Monday slapped a show-cause notice on Trinamool Congress MP and Bengali film actress Satabdi Roy for her remarks at a party rally in West Bengal`s Birbhum district.
Roy had said that priority in terms of development initiatives will be given to those areas from where she garners the maximum number of votes.
Assistant Chief Electoral Officer Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said, "The commission has issued a show-cause notice to Roy."
Roy has to submit a reply by Tuesday.
The poll panel Sunday had sought a report from the Birbhum district magistrate.
Roy, who is re-contesting from the Birbhum Lok Sabha constituency, said at a rally Saturday: "The areas from where we get the maximum number of votes will witness swifter progress, whereas the areas from where less votes come will see development later."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- IPL 2016 final: RCB vs SRH - Virat Kohli on the verge of reaching once-unthinkable milestone
- Know the importance of Prasad/Prasadam!
- Up to 700 migrants feared dead in Mediterranean this week: UN
- After 11 years Mars will come closest to Earth on May 30
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...