Poll panel slaps notice on Trinamool MP
Kolkata: The Election Commission Monday slapped a show-cause notice on Trinamool Congress MP and Bengali film actress Satabdi Roy for her remarks at a party rally in West Bengal`s Birbhum district.
Roy had said that priority in terms of development initiatives will be given to those areas from where she garners the maximum number of votes.
Assistant Chief Electoral Officer Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said, "The commission has issued a show-cause notice to Roy."
Roy has to submit a reply by Tuesday.
The poll panel Sunday had sought a report from the Birbhum district magistrate.
Roy, who is re-contesting from the Birbhum Lok Sabha constituency, said at a rally Saturday: "The areas from where we get the maximum number of votes will witness swifter progress, whereas the areas from where less votes come will see development later."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video