Polling over, AAP hunts for office in Goa
Panaji: End of polling in Goa has heralded the beginning of a hunt for office space for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Goa.
AAP Goa`s official Facebook page has said the "office" in the state capital had been donated by popstar Remo Fernandes for use "until the Lok Sabha elections at absolutely no charge".
It had now been returned back to the Padmashri award winning musician. The Lok Sabha polls were held in Goa on April 12.
"AAP Goa would like to thank Remo Fernandes from the bottom of our hearts for his generosity in giving AAP Goa its first home at his office space at Panaji," AAP said in a statement.
Remo joined the Arvind Kejriwal-led political party a couple of months ahead of the General Elections. Some weeks before polling, Remo said that he was taking a backseat from active politics.
Party sources claim that Remo was initially talked about as the party`s candidate for the South Goa seat, but lack of popular enthusiasm generated by the AAP in Goa disillusioned the popstar.
The AAP unit in Goa says it is on the lookout for a space within the state city limits of Panaji which can host "AAP Goa on a long-term basis".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre