Rahul has no moral right to talk about corruption: Tomar
Indore: Madhya Pradesh BJP President Narendra Singh Tomar Tuesday hit back at Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi for his criticism of BJP government in the state over the issue of MP Professional Examination Board scam.
"Rahul has no moral right to talk about corruption as Congress-led UPA government is involved neck-deep in various scams," Tomar told reporters on the last day of campaigning for the third and final phase of polling in Madhya Pradesh.
The Congress Vice President had recently targeted the BJP government for alleged involvement in the MPPEB scam in medical entrance test.
Tomar also rejected the Congress`s demand of a CBI probe into the scam, saying the Special Task Force was doing its job properly.
"Is CBI sacrosanct? We have been raising the issue of misuse of CBI for political interests," he said.
On lack of enthusiasm among voters compared with 2013 assembly polls, he said that the Lok Sabha and assembly elections cannot be compared, and the turn-out should be compared with 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
On the issue of RSS-affiliated Matdata Jagran Manch distributing pamphlets appealing for 100 per cent voting in the remaining phase to which Congress has objected, he said Congress feared that if the turn-out increased, its candidates would forfeit even the security deposits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands