Shankaracharya criticises Ramdev`s `honeymoon and picnic` remark
Haridwar: Taking exception to yoga guru Ramdev`s "honeymoon and picnic" remark, Puri Govardhan Peeth Shankaracharya Swami Adhokchajanand on Monday said saints are expected to utter sacred words and not obscenities.
"Baba has already brought considerable disrepute to saints by wearing a ghaghri. It would be better if he keeps his mouth shut and minds his own business," Adhokchajanand said in reaction to Ramdev`s recent remark targeting Rahul Gandhi.
Even a good individual would not use such words against a man who lost the protection of his father and grandmother at an early age, not to speak of saints, he said.
Terming BJP as a party which is out to delude people, Adhokchajanand said Ramdev was part of this gameplan.
The Shankaracharya was here to take a dip in the Ganga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!