Similar symbol of another party confused Goa voters: AAP
Panaji: The Aam Admi Party (AAP) on Saturday accused the local election officials of rigging the election process by providing a symbol to a rival candidate which it said resembled the party`s `broom` symbol.
The name and symbol of AAP`s Dattaram Desai on the Electronic Voting Machines in the North Goa Lok Sabha constituency was followed by Samajwadi Janata Party (Rashtriya) candidate Raju D`Souza`s name, and his symbol of `battery torch` with rays of light.
AAP Goa chief Walmiki Naik, in a complaint to the Chief Electoral Officer, said this confused the voters in North Goa constituency, and therefore there should be a re-election.
The elections to both the parliamentary seats in Goa were held today.
Naik said the symbol `battery torch with rays` had been withdrawn in Delhi elections, but it was allowed here.
Naik`s application asked election officials "to determine if the unauthorised inclusion of rays (in SJP`s symbol) was done intentionally to confuse the voters.
Chief Electoral Officer Keshav Chandra was not available immediately for comments on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!