Smriti Irani accuses Rahul of neglecting his constituency
Amethi: BJP nominee from Amethi Lok Sabha seat Smriti Irani on Monday accused Rahul Gandhi of "neglecting" his constituency and said despite his talks about education, its condition was poor in the area.
"Rahul Gandhi Ji talk of higher system of education but in Amethi its condition is very poor. Computer education is rarely given here to the students in the govt schools, while in Gujarat it is being provided successfully in most of the schools," Irani said while campaigning in Gaddipur, Salon city, Ganeshganj and other places in the constituency.
Addressing a gathering in Madhopur village under Salon (reserved) assembly segment in Rae Bareli district, she assured the people that if BJP was voted to power then "people of the remote area won`t have to run from pillar to post as their problem would be solved at the doorstep".
Meanwhile, BSP nominee from here Dharmendra Pratap Singh also went on a door-to-door campaign in Gajanpur Duariya in Gauriganj assembly segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons