Sonia Gandhi cancelled Goa rally as she is sure of win: Congress leader
Panaji: Congress president Sonia Gandhi cancelled her public meeting scheduled on Tuesday in Goa after she realised that the party is sure to win both the Lok Sabha seats in the state, a senior party leader claimed here today.
Gandhi was supposed to address a public meeting in North Goa today, which was cancelled around two days back without giving any specific reasons.
"Gandhi must have seen the reports that the party is winning both the Lok Sabha seats and hence cancelled the public meeting," Congress North Goa candidate Ravi Naik told reporters today.
Naik is a former state home minister and Congress had earlier quoted a CID report, which apparently predicts victory in both North and South Goa constituencies.
Congress Goa Chief John Fernandes also echoed the reasons given by Naik claiming, "He (Naik) has an access to CID report because he was formerly the state Home Minister."
"Probably he may be right. Being a former home minister he has better access to the intelligence reports," Fernandes said.
He said party vice-president Rahul Gandhi was supposed to address a public meeting on March 29, but the local units asked to defer the meeting as the party was in the midst of nominations and scrutiny process.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living