Standard of living in Goa better than Amethi: Manohar Parrikar
Amethi: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said that standard of living in his state is far better than that of Uttar Pradesh, especially Amethi.
Speaking in Ahorwa Bhawani of Tiloi assembly segment in the Gandhi bastion, Parrikar said, "Standard of living of people in Goa is far better than Uttar Pradesh, especially Amethi."
The Goa CM who was here to campaign for BJP nominee from Amethi Smriti Irani, gave a detailed account of how power supply, public transport, health services, supply of potable water and other public amenities are better in Goa than UP, especially Amethi.
Parrikar categorically presented comparative figures of daily commodities, their prices and said Amethi still lags behind.
He further assured the people of Amethi that if the BJP candidate wins, their standard of living will improve for sure.
"You gave Rahul Gandhi ten years but what he did is right in front of you. Give Irani a chance and she will improve the bad conditions in Amethi within ten months," he said.
While campaigning, the BJP Vice-President and party nominee Smriti Irani said, "Amethi me sadko ki lambai nahi balki isme gaddho ki gahrai napi jati hai (in Amethi the length of roads is not measured but the depth of the potholes in them".
"BJP will work for the betterment of people and if voted to power good days will come," she added.
Earlier both the leaders led a roadshow organised by BJP youth wing Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJPYM) in Ahorwa Bhawani.
Parrikar is also scheduled to address a meeting in Salon segment in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog