Standard of living in Goa better than Amethi: Manohar Parrikar
Amethi: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said that standard of living in his state is far better than that of Uttar Pradesh, especially Amethi.
Speaking in Ahorwa Bhawani of Tiloi assembly segment in the Gandhi bastion, Parrikar said, "Standard of living of people in Goa is far better than Uttar Pradesh, especially Amethi."
The Goa CM who was here to campaign for BJP nominee from Amethi Smriti Irani, gave a detailed account of how power supply, public transport, health services, supply of potable water and other public amenities are better in Goa than UP, especially Amethi.
Parrikar categorically presented comparative figures of daily commodities, their prices and said Amethi still lags behind.
He further assured the people of Amethi that if the BJP candidate wins, their standard of living will improve for sure.
"You gave Rahul Gandhi ten years but what he did is right in front of you. Give Irani a chance and she will improve the bad conditions in Amethi within ten months," he said.
While campaigning, the BJP Vice-President and party nominee Smriti Irani said, "Amethi me sadko ki lambai nahi balki isme gaddho ki gahrai napi jati hai (in Amethi the length of roads is not measured but the depth of the potholes in them".
"BJP will work for the betterment of people and if voted to power good days will come," she added.
Earlier both the leaders led a roadshow organised by BJP youth wing Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJPYM) in Ahorwa Bhawani.
Parrikar is also scheduled to address a meeting in Salon segment in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi