Sushma lauds leadership quality of Narendra Modi
Madhubani: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Monday lauded the leadership quality of Narendra Modi and said only her party could pull out the country from `hatashaa aur Nirashaa` due to the "misrule of Congress".
"We are proud that we declared Narendra Modi as BJP Prime Ministerial candidate. He has tremendous leadership quality," Swaraj said addressing an election rally at Benipatti in Madhubani district in favour of party candidate Hukumdeo Narayan Yadav.
"Today the country is passing through a bad patch of `hatashaa aur Nirashaa` (despondency) due to the 10 year rule of Congress-led UPA.”
"Only BJP whose chief ministers have given good governance and is led by an able Narendra Modi can pull out the country from this sorry condition," she said in her maiden election rally in Bihar during the ongoing General Elections.
Listing the "achievements" of Congress during their 10-year-old rule, she mentioned price rise, rampant corruption, condition of farmers, bending before Pakistan and trade recession among others.
Showering praise on Yadav, Swaraj described him as her "sankat mochak" (one who pulls out of problem).
"Whenever I felt problem in Lok Sabha as Opposition leader I used to turn towards Hukumdeo Narayan Yadav who used to sit right behind me in the House. He could talk on topics related to farmers and labourers for hours without consulting any paper," she said and appealed to the people to elect him so that she could continue to get such help.
Yadav is locked in a triangular fight with RJD`s Abdul Bari Siddiqui and Gulam Gaus of JD(U) at Madhubani which will go to vote on April 30.
Without taking name of Nitish Kumar and others, Swaraj said: "Some people say its a crucial election for JD(U) or RJD but I say it is an election for making the country strong."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof