Sushma lauds leadership quality of Narendra Modi
Madhubani: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Monday lauded the leadership quality of Narendra Modi and said only her party could pull out the country from `hatashaa aur Nirashaa` due to the "misrule of Congress".
"We are proud that we declared Narendra Modi as BJP Prime Ministerial candidate. He has tremendous leadership quality," Swaraj said addressing an election rally at Benipatti in Madhubani district in favour of party candidate Hukumdeo Narayan Yadav.
"Today the country is passing through a bad patch of `hatashaa aur Nirashaa` (despondency) due to the 10 year rule of Congress-led UPA.”
"Only BJP whose chief ministers have given good governance and is led by an able Narendra Modi can pull out the country from this sorry condition," she said in her maiden election rally in Bihar during the ongoing General Elections.
Listing the "achievements" of Congress during their 10-year-old rule, she mentioned price rise, rampant corruption, condition of farmers, bending before Pakistan and trade recession among others.
Showering praise on Yadav, Swaraj described him as her "sankat mochak" (one who pulls out of problem).
"Whenever I felt problem in Lok Sabha as Opposition leader I used to turn towards Hukumdeo Narayan Yadav who used to sit right behind me in the House. He could talk on topics related to farmers and labourers for hours without consulting any paper," she said and appealed to the people to elect him so that she could continue to get such help.
Yadav is locked in a triangular fight with RJD`s Abdul Bari Siddiqui and Gulam Gaus of JD(U) at Madhubani which will go to vote on April 30.
Without taking name of Nitish Kumar and others, Swaraj said: "Some people say its a crucial election for JD(U) or RJD but I say it is an election for making the country strong."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in