Telangana wasn`t possible without Congress` efforts: Manmohan Singh
Bhongir: In a veiled attack on TRS, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said though smaller parties are trying to take credit for the formation of Telangana, it would not have been possible without the "hard work" put in by the Congress.
Addressing his maiden election rally here in Telangana after the bifurcation bill was passed in Parliament, Singh said it was Congress party`s efforts in the face of hurdles and objections that made the separate state possible.
Highlighting that the policies and programmes of the new government in the new state would have a bearing on the future of the state, he said Congress alone can ensure the prosperity and development of Telangana.
"I would like to tell you today that Congress alone can rise up to your expectations. We have the experience in carrying out development work. We know about taking up development by taking all sections of the society along and most important thing is we respect the feelings of Telangana people," he said.
Singh said Telangana can be put along with other developed states in the country.
Noting that Hyderabad would have an important role in faster development of Telangana, he said successive Congress governments have made efforts in making the city a modern one, the Prime Minister added.
Singh assured that the Congress government in Telangana would work for rapid development in all spheres and also create new opportunities for employment generation.
The Prime Minister also said, "We have taken care of necessities of both the states post division of Andhra Pradesh. I have announced a special package in the Parliament for the successive state of Andhra Pradesh. Our wish is that both the states create a new record in prosperity."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!