Traffic restrictions in place ahead of counting in Delhi
New Delhi: Ahead of the counting of votes for Lok Sabha polls in the national capital on Friday, Delhi traffic police have made elaborate arrangements for the roads leading to the counting centres.
According to traffic police, adequate numbers of traffic personnel have been deployed at all counting stations, strategic locations and intersections to control traffic and assist the general public and commuters.
Giving details, they said that no traffic would be allowed to ply on either carriageway of August Kranti Marg between Siri Fort Auditorium and Kamla Nehru College `T` point crossing from 5 A.M. Till the final declaration of results.
"Motorists, from Siri Fort Auditorium crossing, can use Balbir Saxena Marg via Gulmohar Park-Niti Bagh to reach Andrews Ganj on Ring Road and vice versa via Niti Bagh- Gulmohar Park on to August Kranti Marg for Malviya Nagar," said Joint Commissioner of Police (traffic), Anil Shukla.
The officer also said that general traffic would not be permitted on Bhai Veer Singh Marg from Kali Bari Marg towards Gole Market except election officials, authorised representatives of political parties and residents. He added that no buses, including DTC buses on Mandir Marg, would be allowed on Peshwa Road towards Gole Market.
Ashoka Road will remain closed from Windsor Place to R/A Jaswant Singh. The traffic will be diverted to Rajendra Prasad Road and Rajpath.
"Traffic will also be diverted at Wazirabad Road from Gagan T-point to Durga puri Chowk via DC office, Nand Nagri. Besides, all commercial vehicles and buses shall be diverted at Wazirabad Road from foot of Khajuri Flyover towards Shastri Park. No vehicle would be allowed towards Ashok Vihar flyover, Arya Bhatt Polytechnic," Shukla said.
Motorists and commuters should avoid the above routes and follow the diversion/directions given by the traffic policemen on duty to avoid any inconvenience to themselves, he further added.
Votes will be counted at seven centres in Delhi, which has seven Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- IIT-Bombay has blacklisted these 9 companies from placements for one year
- US Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan falls in first round of qualifiers
- Gems, jewellery exports up about 12% in Apr-Jul FY17
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH