24X7 call centre launched in Goa to tackle power consumer woes
Panaji: The Goa government has launched round the clock call centre for power consumers in its efforts to streamline the complaint mechanism.
State electricity department sources said that the call centre is available at a dial of 135 and it can be accessed round the clock.
Goa based Hello information services have been outsourced the contract to run the centre which will take feedback and respond to the complaints immediately.
The call centre will entertain complaints about outages and breakdown from the consumers who are currently finding it difficult to address their problem especially late night.
"The soft launch of the centre was held a month back and after that trials were conducted. We have now made it fully functional," a power ministry official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider