86.05% students clear Goa SSC exam
Panaji: For the first time, 86.05 percent
of total 15,329 students cleared the Goa Secondary School
Certificate (SSC) examination, a Board official said.
Goa Board of secondary and higher-secondary education
chairman, Mervyn D`Souza, said that 86.05 per cent students
passed the examination, which is the highest ever percentage
recorded by the Board.
The passing percentage has been on the rise since
2004. 13,191 of 15,329 students who appeared for the exams
passed it with boys comprising 80.75 per cent and girls at
79.87 per cent. The examinations were held at 24 centres
between March 30 and April 9.
As many as 41 high schools, including nine schools in
the rural Goa, clocked hundred percent result, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions