86.05% students clear Goa SSC exam
Panaji: For the first time, 86.05 percent
of total 15,329 students cleared the Goa Secondary School
Certificate (SSC) examination, a Board official said.
Goa Board of secondary and higher-secondary education
chairman, Mervyn D`Souza, said that 86.05 per cent students
passed the examination, which is the highest ever percentage
recorded by the Board.
The passing percentage has been on the rise since
2004. 13,191 of 15,329 students who appeared for the exams
passed it with boys comprising 80.75 per cent and girls at
79.87 per cent. The examinations were held at 24 centres
between March 30 and April 9.
As many as 41 high schools, including nine schools in
the rural Goa, clocked hundred percent result, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan