86.05% students clear Goa SSC exam
Panaji: For the first time, 86.05 percent
of total 15,329 students cleared the Goa Secondary School
Certificate (SSC) examination, a Board official said.
Goa Board of secondary and higher-secondary education
chairman, Mervyn D`Souza, said that 86.05 per cent students
passed the examination, which is the highest ever percentage
recorded by the Board.
The passing percentage has been on the rise since
2004. 13,191 of 15,329 students who appeared for the exams
passed it with boys comprising 80.75 per cent and girls at
79.87 per cent. The examinations were held at 24 centres
between March 30 and April 9.
As many as 41 high schools, including nine schools in
the rural Goa, clocked hundred percent result, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan