Army, Navy possessive about their land: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said that defence arms like the Army and Navy were possessive about land and it was difficult for them to vacate the premises they occupy in Panaji.
Parrikar was responding to a question in the Assembly on Indian Navy-maintained Dabolim airport.
"It is easier for the Army to vacate Lahore but it is difficult for them to vacate their technical training regiment office in Panaji," he commented.
"The way they act possessively about their properties should be corrected," he said. This is the reason why he did not favour having naval enclave at the proposed Greenfield airport at Mopa, he added.
Responding to a question, Parrikar said that Dabolim airport will continue to be under civilian control even after the Greenfield airport at Mopa becomes operational.
Emphasising on the need for Mopa airport, the Chief Minister said that Dabolim airport cannot sustain the increasing air traffic witnessed by the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof