Cong manifesto to demand for ban on sale of agri land
Panaji: Congress in Goa on Monday said that
the party manifesto for the forthcoming polls would include a
demand for a complete ban on the non-Goans and non-farmers
from buying agriculture land in the state.
Goa Congress spokesperson Ramakant Khalap told this to
He said that this point has been included in the party
manifesto for bringing about a solution to land scarcity,
faced by the tiny state.
Ahead of the March 3 assembly polls, the Congress is
giving final touches to its election manifesto, which is
likely to be made public in the next two weeks. A special
committee, headed by the former Union Minister of State for
External Affairs Eduardo Faleiro has been formed for this.
Khalap, who is the convenor of the Faleiro Committee,
said that the intention behind the move is to ensure that the
land is being saved and preserved for future generations.
"Drying land resources due to real estate has been a
major concern for the state," Khalap said.
Congress has promised to enact a law, once elected to
power that would make it compulsory for an individual to
reside in the state for 25 years, to claim himself to be a
Goan, which would entitle him to buy an agriculture property
if he is a farmer.
"Even a farmer from other states won`t be allowed to
buy a property in Goa," he said.
The party also intends to penalise the local farmers
who keep their lands fallow.
"The farmers would be encouraged to cultivate the
land," he said.
"All the Goans, who are committed towards `Goa for
Goans`, should not sell the agriculture properties," Khalap
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?