Congress-NCP is the most communal parties: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today accused the NCP and Congress parties for "perpetrating falsehood in the name of communalism" in the state.
"Both the parties are perpetrating falsehood in the name of communalism. They are trying to paint the BJP-led government as communal, but the fact is that NCP and Congress are the most communal parties," Parrikar reacted during a press conference here today.
The chief minister said that he has figures to support his claim that minorities were not given priority in the government jobs during the Congress-led government in the state.
"The Congress-NCP coalition government provided employment to only about 1.78 per cent of the minorities in Goa, whereas the BJP-led alliance Government encouraged 3.28 per cent of the Goan minorities to join the Police Constabulary," he said.
He said that in professions like nursing, more than 50 per cent of the selection was from the minority community.
"The selection of minority candidates during BJP-led government is more as compared to the Congress government and it has happened across the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing