Congress-NCP is the most communal parties: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today accused the NCP and Congress parties for "perpetrating falsehood in the name of communalism" in the state.
"Both the parties are perpetrating falsehood in the name of communalism. They are trying to paint the BJP-led government as communal, but the fact is that NCP and Congress are the most communal parties," Parrikar reacted during a press conference here today.
The chief minister said that he has figures to support his claim that minorities were not given priority in the government jobs during the Congress-led government in the state.
"The Congress-NCP coalition government provided employment to only about 1.78 per cent of the minorities in Goa, whereas the BJP-led alliance Government encouraged 3.28 per cent of the Goan minorities to join the Police Constabulary," he said.
He said that in professions like nursing, more than 50 per cent of the selection was from the minority community.
"The selection of minority candidates during BJP-led government is more as compared to the Congress government and it has happened across the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire