Corruption cases involving Congress leaders be probed: Goa BJP
Panaji: Goa unit of BJP on Monday demanded that alleged corruption cases involving former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, and his colleagues Churchill Alemao, Vishwajit Rane and Chandrakant Kavlekar (all from Congress) should be probed.
A resolution to this effect was passed by the state BJP executive held here, chaired by party`s Goa unit chief Vinay Tendulkar.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar was also present.
"Executive demands that corruption by former Congress ministers like Digambar Kamat, Churchill Alemao, Vishwajit Rane and Chandrakant Kavlekar should be investigated by the state government and (it should) fufill the promise made in the 2012 election manifesto," the resolution said.
The executive also condemned the opposition`s attempts to destabilise the BJP government. "The executive condemns the move to destabilise the government by disrespecting the people`s mandate," it said.
The opposition party (Congress) and independent legislators were trying to engineer a defection in the ruling dispensation, the executive alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest