Corruption cases involving Congress leaders be probed: Goa BJP
Panaji: Goa unit of BJP on Monday demanded that alleged corruption cases involving former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, and his colleagues Churchill Alemao, Vishwajit Rane and Chandrakant Kavlekar (all from Congress) should be probed.
A resolution to this effect was passed by the state BJP executive held here, chaired by party`s Goa unit chief Vinay Tendulkar.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar was also present.
"Executive demands that corruption by former Congress ministers like Digambar Kamat, Churchill Alemao, Vishwajit Rane and Chandrakant Kavlekar should be investigated by the state government and (it should) fufill the promise made in the 2012 election manifesto," the resolution said.
The executive also condemned the opposition`s attempts to destabilise the BJP government. "The executive condemns the move to destabilise the government by disrespecting the people`s mandate," it said.
The opposition party (Congress) and independent legislators were trying to engineer a defection in the ruling dispensation, the executive alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!