Double murder: Victims` daughter sexually abused
Panaji: Police on Saturday said the minor daughter of the couple, who was murdered last week, was sexually abused by one of the culprits.
Police have slapped Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act against the culprit.
The six-year-old girl and her four-year-old brother were strangled and dumped along a ghat section on Goa-Karnataka border, but both survived. Their parents had been murdered before that.
Osban Fernandes and Ramesh Bhagwe have been arrested for murdering the couple Shivaji Nayak and Sujata Nayak and trying to kill the two children.
A senior police official today said Bhagwe had confessed to have sexually abused the girl in the car on Monday midnight. She was dumped two km from the border, inside Karnataka, but a man found her wandering and alerted the police.
Sujata`s relatives today arrived from Chikodi village in Karnataka to take the custody of the children and the dead bodies. Shivaji hails from Gadhinglaj, Maharashtra.
Both the victims were working as labourers with Fernandes at Merces village near here. Fernandes and Bhagwe allegedly killed Shivaji over a petty brawl on last Saturday night, and later killed his wife.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India