Drug mafia-police nexus: `Probing Goa politician`
Panaji: After initial denials of political
involvement in drug peddler-police nexus case, Goa Police have
started investigation on the role of a politician in the case.
In an e-mail to drug peddler Atala alias Yaniv Benaim`s
girlfriend Lucky Farmhouse, who had exposed the alleged nexus
through a spycam, the Crime Branch said they are investigating
into the police-politician-drug mafia nexus case.
The e-mail sent on May 11, a day after Lucky claimed that
so far she has not been contacted by Goa Police, has the
subject line `Investigation of police/politician/drug mafia
The Swedish model has uploaded the content of the mail on
The 33-year-old model, who was living-in with Atala, had
shocked the Goa Police after she posted her boyfriend`s
clippings on social networking website youtube.com. The
clippings triggered a major crackdown on the police-drug
peddler nexus, which saw Atala and five other policemen,
including a police inspector arrested for their links with the
Lucky had alleged that a son of a big politician is also
involved in the drug mafia. However, the police initially had
repeatedly denied involvement of any politician in the nexus.
"We have asked her to come to Goa as early as possible.
She is an important witness in this case," DSP (Crime branch)
Chandrakant Salgaonkar told reporters today.
The Crime Branch has said they will provide her all the
He said the model has responded to police mail and given
her address and other details.
"She will come to Goa in the end of August but we want to
get her deposition earlier than that," Salgaonkar said.
"We will ask all the questions to her when she comes
here. We have asked her to come with all the evidence
available with her," the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report