Ex-Goa minister claims he was framed in a death case
Panaji: Alleging a "political conspiracy" against him, former Goa tourism minister Fransisco Miccky Pacheco on Wednesday claimed that the erstwhile Congress government in Goa had falsely implicated him in connection with the death of his friend Nadia Torrado in 2010.
Speaking on the floor of the House, Pacheco alleged that a former state Home Minister during the Congress rule had framed him in the crime.
"The entire case was politically motivated and a (there was a) conspiracy against me by the then government," the former minister said.
Nadia had died on May 30, 2010 after consuming poison. Though Pacheco had been arrested on July 8, 2010 for abetment of suicide, but was later released on bail. No charge sheet has been filed in this case so far.
Claiming that police has no evidence against him, the legislator dared the state home ministry to prove the case against him.
"I was treated like a criminal. In the last two and half years, since BJP came to power not even once I have been called to police station for investigation into the case. This proves that I am innocent," Pacheco said.
He demanded that the entire "conspiracy" should be investigated by the home department.
"Show evidence and prove that I was involved...Take me into the custody," he said.
Pacheco, a former NCP legislator, heads the Goa Vikas Party (GVP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka