Ex-Goa minister claims he was framed in a death case
Panaji: Alleging a "political conspiracy" against him, former Goa tourism minister Fransisco Miccky Pacheco on Wednesday claimed that the erstwhile Congress government in Goa had falsely implicated him in connection with the death of his friend Nadia Torrado in 2010.
Speaking on the floor of the House, Pacheco alleged that a former state Home Minister during the Congress rule had framed him in the crime.
"The entire case was politically motivated and a (there was a) conspiracy against me by the then government," the former minister said.
Nadia had died on May 30, 2010 after consuming poison. Though Pacheco had been arrested on July 8, 2010 for abetment of suicide, but was later released on bail. No charge sheet has been filed in this case so far.
Claiming that police has no evidence against him, the legislator dared the state home ministry to prove the case against him.
"I was treated like a criminal. In the last two and half years, since BJP came to power not even once I have been called to police station for investigation into the case. This proves that I am innocent," Pacheco said.
He demanded that the entire "conspiracy" should be investigated by the home department.
"Show evidence and prove that I was involved...Take me into the custody," he said.
Pacheco, a former NCP legislator, heads the Goa Vikas Party (GVP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi