Goa: BJP dares Cong to publish Shah panel report
Panaji: The Goa unit of BJP Monday demanded that Congress publish the Shah Commission report on illegal mining in the state, saying it had been kept under wraps to save the Congress leaders.
State BJP chief Laxmikant Parsekar said at a press conference today that Congress-led UPA government in the centre was "hiding the Shah Commission report".
"Let the party (Congress) come clean by publishing the report. They are hiding it because names of several Congressmen are in the report, accusing them of illegal mining," Parsekar claimed.
Parsekar`s statement came in response to Congress`s allegation that Manohar Parrikar government in Goa was dilly-dallying on the issue of action against illegal mining.
Goa is the biggest exporter of iron ore in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof