Goa: BJP dares Cong to publish Shah panel report
Panaji: The Goa unit of BJP Monday demanded that Congress publish the Shah Commission report on illegal mining in the state, saying it had been kept under wraps to save the Congress leaders.
State BJP chief Laxmikant Parsekar said at a press conference today that Congress-led UPA government in the centre was "hiding the Shah Commission report".
"Let the party (Congress) come clean by publishing the report. They are hiding it because names of several Congressmen are in the report, accusing them of illegal mining," Parsekar claimed.
Parsekar`s statement came in response to Congress`s allegation that Manohar Parrikar government in Goa was dilly-dallying on the issue of action against illegal mining.
Goa is the biggest exporter of iron ore in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez