Goa: BJP dares Cong to publish Shah panel report
Panaji: The Goa unit of BJP Monday demanded that Congress publish the Shah Commission report on illegal mining in the state, saying it had been kept under wraps to save the Congress leaders.
State BJP chief Laxmikant Parsekar said at a press conference today that Congress-led UPA government in the centre was "hiding the Shah Commission report".
"Let the party (Congress) come clean by publishing the report. They are hiding it because names of several Congressmen are in the report, accusing them of illegal mining," Parsekar claimed.
Parsekar`s statement came in response to Congress`s allegation that Manohar Parrikar government in Goa was dilly-dallying on the issue of action against illegal mining.
Goa is the biggest exporter of iron ore in the country.
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court