Goa: BJP dares Cong to publish Shah panel report
Panaji: The Goa unit of BJP Monday demanded that Congress publish the Shah Commission report on illegal mining in the state, saying it had been kept under wraps to save the Congress leaders.
State BJP chief Laxmikant Parsekar said at a press conference today that Congress-led UPA government in the centre was "hiding the Shah Commission report".
"Let the party (Congress) come clean by publishing the report. They are hiding it because names of several Congressmen are in the report, accusing them of illegal mining," Parsekar claimed.
Parsekar`s statement came in response to Congress`s allegation that Manohar Parrikar government in Goa was dilly-dallying on the issue of action against illegal mining.
Goa is the biggest exporter of iron ore in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt