Goa BJP demands judicial probe into woman`s death
Panaji: Main Opposition BJP on Thursday demanded a
judicial probe into the death of a 28-year-old woman, in which
a Goa minister`s name has cropped up.
"Since the accusations are against a cabinet minister, a
state police officer will not be able to investigate this case
properly. Chief Minister Kamat should appoint a former high
court judge to probe Nadia`s death," Leader of Opposition
Manohar Parrikar told reporters here.
The death of Nadia Torrado, who allegedly committed
suicide by consuming rat poison, has sparked a political
controversy in Goa with women outfits alleging involvement of
Tourism Minister Fransisco alias Micky Pacheco in the case.
Pacheho, who had rubbished the allegations claiming Nadia
to be a family friend, had yesterday himself demanded a
judicial probe into the matter.
"Since Pacheho himself has made a request for judicial
probe, the CM should accept it," Parrikar said.
The BJP leader alleged that Kamat is not ready to probe
scams and scandals in which his cabinet colleagues are
"There are drug scams...excise scam...mining scams. Why
there is no action in any of these scams?" the former Chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'