Goa BJP demands judicial probe into woman`s death
Panaji: Main Opposition BJP on Thursday demanded a
judicial probe into the death of a 28-year-old woman, in which
a Goa minister`s name has cropped up.
"Since the accusations are against a cabinet minister, a
state police officer will not be able to investigate this case
properly. Chief Minister Kamat should appoint a former high
court judge to probe Nadia`s death," Leader of Opposition
Manohar Parrikar told reporters here.
The death of Nadia Torrado, who allegedly committed
suicide by consuming rat poison, has sparked a political
controversy in Goa with women outfits alleging involvement of
Tourism Minister Fransisco alias Micky Pacheco in the case.
Pacheho, who had rubbished the allegations claiming Nadia
to be a family friend, had yesterday himself demanded a
judicial probe into the matter.
"Since Pacheho himself has made a request for judicial
probe, the CM should accept it," Parrikar said.
The BJP leader alleged that Kamat is not ready to probe
scams and scandals in which his cabinet colleagues are
"There are drug scams...excise scam...mining scams. Why
there is no action in any of these scams?" the former Chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more