Goa BJP says nothing wrong to release ads for executive meet
Panaji: The Goa unit of BJP on Tuesday justified spending money from the public exchequer on advertisements welcoming senior leaders for the party`s National Executive meeting last week.
The party spokesman Dr Wilfred Mesquita said that the BJP-led government had done nothing wrong by issuing the advertisements as "the leaders who came here are part of the central government although they are in opposition".
There was Leader of Opposition in parliament who were welcomed through the advertisements, he said.
BJP has been drawing flak from opposition Congress in the state for issuing advertisement through state Information and Publicity Department welcoming National Executive members.
In the run up and during the National Executive, several local newspapers had carried front page advertisements issued by state information and publicity department welcoming senior BJP leaders for the conclave though they did not carry party`s logo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan