Goa BJP says nothing wrong to release ads for executive meet
Panaji: The Goa unit of BJP on Tuesday justified spending money from the public exchequer on advertisements welcoming senior leaders for the party`s National Executive meeting last week.
The party spokesman Dr Wilfred Mesquita said that the BJP-led government had done nothing wrong by issuing the advertisements as "the leaders who came here are part of the central government although they are in opposition".
There was Leader of Opposition in parliament who were welcomed through the advertisements, he said.
BJP has been drawing flak from opposition Congress in the state for issuing advertisement through state Information and Publicity Department welcoming National Executive members.
In the run up and during the National Executive, several local newspapers had carried front page advertisements issued by state information and publicity department welcoming senior BJP leaders for the conclave though they did not carry party`s logo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees