Goa BJP says nothing wrong to release ads for executive meet
Panaji: The Goa unit of BJP on Tuesday justified spending money from the public exchequer on advertisements welcoming senior leaders for the party`s National Executive meeting last week.
The party spokesman Dr Wilfred Mesquita said that the BJP-led government had done nothing wrong by issuing the advertisements as "the leaders who came here are part of the central government although they are in opposition".
There was Leader of Opposition in parliament who were welcomed through the advertisements, he said.
BJP has been drawing flak from opposition Congress in the state for issuing advertisement through state Information and Publicity Department welcoming National Executive members.
In the run up and during the National Executive, several local newspapers had carried front page advertisements issued by state information and publicity department welcoming senior BJP leaders for the conclave though they did not carry party`s logo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax