Goa BJP says nothing wrong to release ads for executive meet
Panaji: The Goa unit of BJP on Tuesday justified spending money from the public exchequer on advertisements welcoming senior leaders for the party`s National Executive meeting last week.
The party spokesman Dr Wilfred Mesquita said that the BJP-led government had done nothing wrong by issuing the advertisements as "the leaders who came here are part of the central government although they are in opposition".
There was Leader of Opposition in parliament who were welcomed through the advertisements, he said.
BJP has been drawing flak from opposition Congress in the state for issuing advertisement through state Information and Publicity Department welcoming National Executive members.
In the run up and during the National Executive, several local newspapers had carried front page advertisements issued by state information and publicity department welcoming senior BJP leaders for the conclave though they did not carry party`s logo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach