Goa Cabinet approves Lokayukta bill
Panaji: Goa Cabinet on Monday approved Goa
Lokayukta Bill, 2011, which would be placed before the state
Legislative Assembly during the session beginning from October
Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, briefing reporters after
the Cabinet meeting, said certain amendments suggested by the
Centre had been made.
"We will table the bill during the coming session," he
Goa Lokayukta Bill, 2003, which had been passed by the
Assembly in 2007, was sent back when it was forwarded for
Presidential sanction. The Union government recommended a few
Civil society groups in the state have been demanding
that Goa have a Lokayukta.
Former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde had recently
said that in view of illegal mining and Coastal Regulation
Zone scams, Goa needed a Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot