Goa Cabinet approves Lokayukta bill
Panaji: Goa Cabinet on Monday approved Goa
Lokayukta Bill, 2011, which would be placed before the state
Legislative Assembly during the session beginning from October
Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, briefing reporters after
the Cabinet meeting, said certain amendments suggested by the
Centre had been made.
"We will table the bill during the coming session," he
Goa Lokayukta Bill, 2003, which had been passed by the
Assembly in 2007, was sent back when it was forwarded for
Presidential sanction. The Union government recommended a few
Civil society groups in the state have been demanding
that Goa have a Lokayukta.
Former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde had recently
said that in view of illegal mining and Coastal Regulation
Zone scams, Goa needed a Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM