Goa Cabinet approves Lokayukta bill
Panaji: Goa Cabinet on Monday approved Goa
Lokayukta Bill, 2011, which would be placed before the state
Legislative Assembly during the session beginning from October
Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, briefing reporters after
the Cabinet meeting, said certain amendments suggested by the
Centre had been made.
"We will table the bill during the coming session," he
Goa Lokayukta Bill, 2003, which had been passed by the
Assembly in 2007, was sent back when it was forwarded for
Presidential sanction. The Union government recommended a few
Civil society groups in the state have been demanding
that Goa have a Lokayukta.
Former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde had recently
said that in view of illegal mining and Coastal Regulation
Zone scams, Goa needed a Lokayukta.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai