Goa Chief Minister Parrikar to ask for more IAS, IPS officers
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar will be in the national capital on June 3 with several demands including sanctioning of more Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers for the state.
"As per norms, we require 18 officers. In addition, we need more officers, considering the fact that they go on leave for training. We need at least 20 to 22 officers. Right now we have only 12 IAS officers," Parrikar said here today.
Speaking to reporters, the Chief Minister, who has frequently complained to the Union Home Ministry for the "step-motherly" treatment to Goa, said that he was confident of getting more IAS officers from the Centre.
He said that the Centre would also be requested for more Indian Police Service (IPS) officers, as per the state`s requirements.
During his Delhi visit, he would also meet Union Ministry for Environment and Forest (MoEF) officials demanding scrapping of a notification which marks areas around wildlife sanctuaries and forests as eco-sensitive zones, banning economic activities.
The chief minister said that the notification is an offshoot of the report on Western Ghats prepared by Madhav Gadgil and Kasturirangan, which is detrimental for the state.
Parrikar said that he would also meet Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley during his visit.
"There are some financial matters that are required to be discussed with him," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends