Goa Chief Minister Parrikar to ask for more IAS, IPS officers
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar will be in the national capital on June 3 with several demands including sanctioning of more Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers for the state.
"As per norms, we require 18 officers. In addition, we need more officers, considering the fact that they go on leave for training. We need at least 20 to 22 officers. Right now we have only 12 IAS officers," Parrikar said here today.
Speaking to reporters, the Chief Minister, who has frequently complained to the Union Home Ministry for the "step-motherly" treatment to Goa, said that he was confident of getting more IAS officers from the Centre.
He said that the Centre would also be requested for more Indian Police Service (IPS) officers, as per the state`s requirements.
During his Delhi visit, he would also meet Union Ministry for Environment and Forest (MoEF) officials demanding scrapping of a notification which marks areas around wildlife sanctuaries and forests as eco-sensitive zones, banning economic activities.
The chief minister said that the notification is an offshoot of the report on Western Ghats prepared by Madhav Gadgil and Kasturirangan, which is detrimental for the state.
Parrikar said that he would also meet Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley during his visit.
"There are some financial matters that are required to be discussed with him," the chief minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani