Goa drug nexus: Former cop arrested by CBI
Panaji: The CBI on Friday arrested a former Goa
police sub-inspector in connection with the drug nexus case.
"Sunil Guddler, an accused in the police-drug mafia nexus
case, has been arrested under Prevention of Corruption Act and
Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act," SP
S Gavli said.
Israeli drug lord David Driham alias Dudu relatives have
provided evidence against him, he said.
Dudu`s sister Aayala Driham and girlfriend Zarina had
caught Guddler on camera while he was demanding bribe from
them to release the drug lord. The tapes were released to
media on January 4.
The police official was suspended on January 13 after a
local news channel aired the footage. The case was later
handed over to CBI by the state government.
Guddler, who was attached to Anti Narcotic Cell of the
police department, had arrested Dudu on February 21 last year
from Anjuna, a coastal village in North Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video