Goa government monitoring Sanatan Sanstha activities
Panaji: The Goa government is keeping a close watch on the activities of the Sanatan Sanstha in the state and may even ban the right-wing Hindu organisation if it continues with its "divisive agenda", a state government spokesperson said on Thursday.
Vishu Wagh, advisor to the state department of information and publicity (DIP), said police were probing the activities of the group after low intensity blasts on Diwali eve Oct 16 killed two people.
"If enquiries by us show that the Sanstha`s agenda indeed is creating communal fissures in society and promoting divisive thoughts then we will definitely ban it in the interest of the state," Wagh said, adding that he was speaking on behalf of Chief Minister Digambar Kamat.
"If they are a spiritual body, then why do they fear an investigation?" he said.
Ridiculing charges of harassment the group has made against the chief minister, the home minister and police in the aftermath of the blast, Wagh said the state is only trying to solve the mystery behind the blasts, in which two Sanstha members were killed while ferrying explosives.
"The police have been given the mandate to probe the blast. They will brook no stopping. If they (Sanstha) have not done anything, they should not be worried about it," Wagh said.
He also asked Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar, state BJP chief Shripad Naik and state Transport Minister Sudin Dhavalikar - who were named by the Sanstha office bearers as those who stood in their support after the Oct 16 blast - to come clean on their position vis-a-vis the group.
"They should explain to the people now as to whether they support what the Sanstha stands for or not," Wagh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed