Goa govt to probe case of missing boys
Panaji: The Goa government on Tuesday said it will investigate the case of missing boys from Vasco town who were allegedly recruited for terrorist activity.
"The state Home ministry will probe the case of missing boys from Vasco town who were alleged to have been recruited for terrorist activity," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the state Assembly.
Parrikar was responding to a motion moved by Nuvem MLA Fransisco Miccky Pacheco, who claimed that Yasin Bhatkal, the prime accused in Pune`s German Bakery blast, was in Goa.
Pacheco also pointed out that few boys, who had reportedly left with Bhatkal, were missing.
The CM said the government will investigate the claim that "some boys from Vasco town are missing".
Parrikar, who also holds charge of the state Home ministry, said the "media report" about visit of Bhatkal to Goa, a little before Pune blast, was a case of mistaken identity.
"One person named Mohammad Jawar, which is also Bhatkal`s name, was frequenting Vasco to get donation for a mosque. He was mistaken for Yasin Bhatkal," the CM told the Assembly.
"The news (appearing in the local newspaper) is not authenticated. It is out of confusion between similarity of names," Parrikar said.
Earlier raising the issue, Pacheco demanded arrest of then SP (crime branch) Mangaldas Naik and then DySP (CB) Chandrakant Salgaoncar for ignoring intelligence input about Yasin`s presence in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what