Goa govt to probe case of missing boys
Panaji: The Goa government on Tuesday said it will investigate the case of missing boys from Vasco town who were allegedly recruited for terrorist activity.
"The state Home ministry will probe the case of missing boys from Vasco town who were alleged to have been recruited for terrorist activity," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the state Assembly.
Parrikar was responding to a motion moved by Nuvem MLA Fransisco Miccky Pacheco, who claimed that Yasin Bhatkal, the prime accused in Pune`s German Bakery blast, was in Goa.
Pacheco also pointed out that few boys, who had reportedly left with Bhatkal, were missing.
The CM said the government will investigate the claim that "some boys from Vasco town are missing".
Parrikar, who also holds charge of the state Home ministry, said the "media report" about visit of Bhatkal to Goa, a little before Pune blast, was a case of mistaken identity.
"One person named Mohammad Jawar, which is also Bhatkal`s name, was frequenting Vasco to get donation for a mosque. He was mistaken for Yasin Bhatkal," the CM told the Assembly.
"The news (appearing in the local newspaper) is not authenticated. It is out of confusion between similarity of names," Parrikar said.
Earlier raising the issue, Pacheco demanded arrest of then SP (crime branch) Mangaldas Naik and then DySP (CB) Chandrakant Salgaoncar for ignoring intelligence input about Yasin`s presence in Goa.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview