Goa panel wants drug nexus case to be handed over to CBI
Panaji: A legislature panel has taken a view
that the police-drug peddler nexus probe be handed over to
CBI, even as the Goa government is delaying the move.
"It is important that such nexus is nipped in the bud in
the interest of the next generation. It (the committee) has no
hesitation to recommend that the drug nexus needs to be
cracked down on priority" the Ad hoc Committee on Home chaired
by the Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar said in a report,
adding the case be handed over to the CBI.
"The committee strongly feels that the police department
is not at all serious in cracking the police-politician-drug
peddler nexus," the report said.
Passing strictures against the police, the committee has
said that police are more interested in protecting their
"The investigating team has done no serious efforts to
gather evidence in the case," the committee said.
Seven policemen were arrested after Israeli drug peddler
Yaniv Benaim alias Atala had confessed on spy cam about his
links with anti narcotic cell police.
The legislative committee has also recommended that the
Crime Branch should be trained to handle the criminal cases to
prepare better investigation reports during trial proceedings
to increase the conviction rate in general and crime rate in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital