Panaji: Goa government on Saturday ordered a high-
level inquiry into the goof-up which resulted in recall of
marksheets of around 12,000 students who had appeared for
higher secondary school certificate examination this year.
Education Minister Atanasio Monserratte also said that
strict action would be taken against the erring officials.
"No one would be spared," Monserratte said.
The inquiry committee headed by Education Secretary will
submit its report within a week.
Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
(GBSHSE) recalled the marksheets of all the HSC students, two
days after the results were declared on May 18, because of a
The board has said that fresh results would be announced
by May 30.
After the HSC fiasco, the announcement of results of the
Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination -- scheduled
for last week of May -- has been postponed to the first week
of June. Precise date has not been fixed yet.