`Inputs on terror attacks in Goa to sabotage tourist season`
Panaji: The Goa government has termed the recent intelligence inputs about possible terror attacks in the state as moves by certain elements to sabotage the tourist season.
"There is always information flashed on television and other media that there is possibility of terror attack little before the tourist season begins," Home Minister Ravi Naik told reporters yesterday expressing doubts about the veracity of the inputs.
"Why are there no such alerts during off-season? Why is there no information about attacks during rest of the year," he asked.
The minister was reacting to the recent intelligence inputs which had cautioned the state about a possible terror attack during the ensuing festive season including Navaratri.
"I can`t say who but there are certain elements behind spreading of such information. May be some hotel lobby or someone," the home minister said.
Naik said that the state is already on alert and vital installations are being guarded.
Marine Police are manning the coastal security while Indian Coast guard watching the shores, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video