`Inputs on terror attacks in Goa to sabotage tourist season`
Panaji: The Goa government has termed the recent intelligence inputs about possible terror attacks in the state as moves by certain elements to sabotage the tourist season.
"There is always information flashed on television and other media that there is possibility of terror attack little before the tourist season begins," Home Minister Ravi Naik told reporters yesterday expressing doubts about the veracity of the inputs.
"Why are there no such alerts during off-season? Why is there no information about attacks during rest of the year," he asked.
The minister was reacting to the recent intelligence inputs which had cautioned the state about a possible terror attack during the ensuing festive season including Navaratri.
"I can`t say who but there are certain elements behind spreading of such information. May be some hotel lobby or someone," the home minister said.
Naik said that the state is already on alert and vital installations are being guarded.
Marine Police are manning the coastal security while Indian Coast guard watching the shores, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her